Design and Implementation of a Real-Time Aware Robot Based on ARM9 and OSEK/AUTOSAR
- Typ der Arbeit: Bachelorarbeit
- Status der Arbeit: abgeschlossen
- Projekte: AHA
- Betreuer: Gerion Entrup, Daniel Lohmann
- Ende der Arbeit: 15. Aug 2019
Lego Mindstorms EV3 is a modular system to build robots with help of LEGO. The most important part of the project is the mindstorm brick, where several sensors can be connected and that is powered by an ARM9 microcontroller. The processors runs a firmware designed for playful programming. However, this firmware is not appropriate for low level and timing critical programming.
Therefore other works have already provided an incomplete implementation of the real-time operating system OSEK, that allows the usage of the robot for real-time applications. However, this implementation is incomplete and had serious bugs. Goal of this thesis should be, to port the widespread ERIKA OS (an implementation of the OSEK standard) onto the Mindstorms brick.
In detail, the task should be:
- Port ERIKA OS to the Mindstorms EV3 brick (at least the conformance classes BCC1 and ECC1).
- Create an interface for the Mindstorms sensors.
- Combine the two parts and port a real-time application to EV3.
- Low level programming
- Real-time operating systems